Project management training today
In today’s budget and staff constrained world you still must remain competitive and achieve your business goals. To do that requires projects. But most of the project management training today is focused around becoming a Project Management Professional (PMP).
Becoming a PMP assumes that you know how to run a project and requires 4500 hours of documented experience. But just because someone is a PMP doesn’t necessarily make them a good project manager. (I’ve worked with plenty so I know from whence I speak.)
The reality for many individuals, entrepreneurs, small businesses, internal organizations and agencies
- You have projects overtaking your to-do list but you’re not sure how to tackle them most efficiently or where to even start;
- You suddenly find yourself in charge of one or more projects that need managing…but you and/or your team have little or no project management training or skills (and no time to master them!);
- Your projects are small-to-medium sized and not overly complex;
- You have a just-the-basics-please approach to project management – you don’t need everything under the sun, just enough to get you through;
- You find the typical project management language and concepts confusing, “heavy” and total overkill for what you need to do to complete the project at hand;
- You’re a beginner and want to learn some basic stuff about project management (but not so much to completely overload you right off the bat).
- You want a simple, easy-to-use, easy-to-understand, and easy-to-implement approach to managing projects.
Filling the gap between little-to-no experience and PMP
At Practical Guidance we provide training, coaching and consulting on how to get projects done without requiring a master’s degree in project management or being a PMP to:
- Individuals who work for themselves or in small businesses, internal organizations and agencies
- Who have little-to-no formal project management training but who find themselves managing one or more projects and leading a team
Our focus is on providing less theory and more how…just enough to get the job done.